Senior Golang Developer
- Be part of a fast-paced innovative VC backed fintech
- Have a big impact on our product and technical roadmap in a dynamic agile team
- Full-time role based in our Melbourne office
Who is Frankie?
Legacy systems are the largest problem plaguing financial services. Frankie Financial is a fast paced VC backed fintech looking to solve this problem by connecting all the compliance and risk providers in a single platform and providing a single vendor agnostic unified view. This is a huge undertaking and hence we’re seeking to grow our team and recruit an equally passionate Golang developer to help develop our infrastructure.
Developers at Frankie
We’re building banking infrastructure and require assistance in developing our core and connecting suppliers into our system.
Building comprehensive tests for all your code and using go modules to manage your dependencies should be automatic for you. Working with CI/CD tools like Jenkins is second nature to you, as is using Docker to containerise your build.
We are hardworking, open-minded and passionate about crafting great products and delivering real value for our customers.
Frankie works in project-based sprints in small, multidisciplinary teams
You’ll be working directly with most teams across the company on a day-to-day basis. We encourage regular knowledge-sharing sessions.
We encourage an open and transparent working environment.
What you’ll be doing
Your key day-to-day role will include:
- Building high throughput, resilient, fault tolerant, and tested software
- Solving deep and complex problems in an elegant sustainable way
- Giving constructive and thoughtful feedback on PRs
- Designing applications with the highest level of security in mind
- Collaborate with other developers, product managers, and organisation stakeholders
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
You will be working alongside other senior developers and will report to the CTO.
What we’re looking for
We're looking for an experienced Golang developer with a minimum 2 years of using Go as your primary language, and a minimum of 5 years of current hands on software development experience with other strongly typed languages.
You should apply if you have the following skills:
- 2+ years Golang and 5+ years of software development experience with strongly typed languages
- Practical experience working with Swagger/OpenAPI and Go tools
- Solid understanding of RESTful services and microservices using frameworks like Gin, Gorilla and Resty
- Experience building services in AWS using tools like DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Elasticache (Redis), Lambda, Secrets Manager, KMS, S3 and Kinesis Firehose will be a distinct advantage
- Strong communication skills
- You’re comfortable working in a team that deals with change every day
The full-time role will be based in our Docklands, Melbourne office.
Our interview process consists of an initial phone screen, take-home case study with a call to review your solution, followed by in-person interviews with the team at our offices.
Interested? Apply for this job - send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be in touch shortly.