System Engineer / Linux / AWS
- Be part of a fast-paced innovative VC backed fintech
- Have a big impact on our product and technical roadmap in a dynamic agile team
- Full-time role based in our Melbourne office
Who is Frankie?
Legacy systems are the largest problem plaguing financial services. Frankie Financial is a fast paced VC backed fintech looking to solve this problem by connecting all the compliance and risk providers in a single platform and providing a single vendor agnostic unified view. This is a huge undertaking and hence we’re seeking to grow our team and recruit an equally passionate Systems Engineer to help develop our infrastructure.
Engineeering at Frankie
We are looking for a Systems Engineer that can come and help build, deploy and maintain our AWS infrastructure. We are in the early stages of life and so your contribution will shape the future of the business and is very personally rewarding.
As a team we are hardworking, open-minded and passionate about crafting great products and delivering real value for our customers.
Frankie works in project-based sprints in small, multidisciplinary teams
You’ll be working directly with most teams across the company on a day-to-day basis. We encourage regular knowledge-sharing sessions.
We encourage an open and transparent working environment.
What you’ll be doing
Your key day to day role will include:
- Building and supporting the core business infrastructure
- Building and managing pathways to deployment
- Maintaining and monitoring system health
- Monitoring and responding to system security events
- Collaborating with other developers, product managers, and organisation stakeholders
- Drive adoption of best practices in system health, testing, and maintainability
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
You will be working alongside other System Engineers and will report to the CTO.
What we’re looking for
A talented AWS specialist that is comfortable building deployment pipelines, hardening Linux servers, configuring ALBs, managing Security Groups, building VPCs and VPC peering. You should have a good understanding of Route53 (DNS in general). You should know where to look when things aren’t going well and be able to make changes safely and preemptively.
You should apply if you have the following skills:
- 5+ years experience in supporting large scalable AWS infrastructure
- Software development experience in Go Python or similar
- Basic understanding of PHP, Vue or similar and security best practices
- Deep understanding of AWS – ECS, ALB, Lambda, Dynamodb, ElasticSearch, Kinesis, CloudWatch
- Experience building services in AWS using tools like DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, Elasticache (Redis), Lambda, Secrets Manager, KMS, S3 and Kinesis Firehose will be a distinct advantage
- Experience using monitoring tools like Prometheus and Sysdig, and infrastructure deployment tooling – Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Bitbucket Pipelines
- Strong communication skills
- You’re comfortable working in a team that deals with change every day
The full-time role will be based in our Docklands, Melbourne office.
Our interview process consists of an initial phone screen, take-home case study with a call to review your solution, followed by in-person interviews with the team at our offices.
Interested? Apply for this job - send your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be in touch shortly.